Sunday, April 21, 2013

Back on the Bandwagon - Part 2

Back when I started my weight loss journey, I was anxious to try Shakeology - I had heard so many good things about it. 

Now unfortunately Beachbody doesn't offer "samples" of their shakes - unless you can find a coach who is willing to ship one of the individual packets to you.  You can buy these individual packets on eBay, however, be prepared to pay an arm and leg for one packet.  So to try it, you just have to bite the bullet and buy either a bag or a box of individual packets. 

It is a bit pricey ($120 retail) but if you sign up as a coach (distributor) you can purchase it for 25% off.  But even at that price it's still rather pricey.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to paying money for something that is a superior product, however, I don't want to have to force myself to drink the shakes just for the benefits if I don't like the taste.  I think most people would agree with me on that point.  

When I started to look into Shakeology, I had heard all the stories about how "magical" it was, and I have to say that did peak my interest.  I like that it has all the vitamins and minerals included (I hate to take a bunch of supplements) and love that they have a chocolate flavor option.  So, off to Ebay I went - and found someone who had the single packages for sale for a reasonable price - YAY, I could finally try it!!

While waiting for my "samples" to arrive, I signed up on the TeamBeachbody website - read through the forums, etc. and got a bit anxious when I read that people hated the "new chocolate taste".  Apparently Beachbody had changed their formula and the awesome chocolate flavor was no longer (sad face) - the new "superfood" formula was crap compared to the old formula.  The old formula tasted very much like a chocolate milkshake whereas most people who tried both the old and new formulas did not like the new formula.  General consensus is that the new formula tastes horrible and has a bad aftertaste.

Well, since I hadn't tried the first one, I thought what the heck ... I'll give it a go.   I admit it did have a bit of an aftertaste, however, mixing it with chocolate milk and honey seemed to mask that aftertaste somewhat ... it wasn't horrible by any means.

In reality, I'm just trying to lose the rest of the weight I need to lose, eat healthier and Shakeology seemed to be perfect for me.

When researching Shakeology I had heard that the vegan Strawberry was much better than the "new chocolate", so back to Ebay I went.  I was able to find someone who would ship it to me for a reasonable price and once I tried it, I absolutely LOVED it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment